Today's Topic – Patterns for Fantasy Worldbuilding Evolution
If you listen to this show; you will have heard me talk about evolving creatures, races, cultures, or technology. After listening back to my older episodes, I decided to take a break from what I was planning to do and talk about what do I mean when I talk about evolution in fantasy worldbuilding.
However, before you listen I want to tell you what I do not mean. I do not create all the life on my planet from the first single cell that divides itself. Sure, it would be much more realistic. However, I am not conceited enough to think I am smart enough to do this. I also prefer storytelling.
So, join Kristin and me as we look at how to create the illusion of evolution to create a more naturalistic world for my true passion, framework worldbuilding.
Podcast Show Flow
- Patterns of Evolution
- Develop Beliefs Think about inspirations and new Stimuli develop Cultural Norms
- Create First Gen Language and Religion
- Add New Technology and History Stimuli for bronze age
- Adapt Culture, Language, and Religion
- Add New Technology and History Stimuli for Iron Age
- Adapt Culture, Language, and Religion (Consider New Religions)
- Continue until you reach tech Level desired; making sure that you track details about any people and locations you name along the way
- Ensure the name matches the language developed
The Worldbuilding Task for the Day
Creating a protoculture from your world
The Real World task for the day
Learn more about bootstrapping your geek into a business by attending the SmallbizLife Live Bootstrapping webinar. Click here to learn more.
Learn everything at The Great Courses
Use Gardul.com/Amazon when shopping online to help support the show
Images and quotes
Please take a moment and comment below on this episode. I look forward to hearing from you about your Fantasy Worldbuilding adventures