Today's Topic Lessons from ocean in world-building
When I think about the Sea and Oceans in my fantasy worldbuilding. I typically and not so concerned about details. I am a land lover in my fiction. I do not travel under the sea.
If you are like me or especially if you develop story or cultures under the waves. The ocean is important. So join Michael and I as we journey 20 feet off the beach.
Podcast Show Flow
- Where the ocean meets the land
- Effects of the moon and sun on the ocean
- Current and the winds
- Center of life for a planet
- The Oxygen maker
- Sound travels faster in water
- Obstacle and Highway
- Cultures to look for inspiration
- Age of Sail groups
- Lapita and Polynesians
- Sea Peoples, Greeks, Phoenicians, Celts???
- Norse, Byzantine, Merchant Republics
- Portugal, Spain, English, and Dutch
- Arab Traders
The Worldbuilding Task for the Day
Create an ocean in your world, if it is a desert flood it!
The Real-world Task for the Day
Watch Planet Earth from the BBC
Use Gardul.com/Amazon when shopping online to help support the show
Please take a moment and comment below on this episode. I look forward to hearing from you about your Fantasy Worldbuilding adventures
Listen to Worldbuilder's Anvil in iTunes or use Podcast Republic for your Android device.
Images and Quotes