Today's Topic Let’s make an aquatic fantasy race
Michael and I often have many great ideas on shows. We talk about having the episode and then we forget. Thanks to Amanda for reminding us that we need to create an aquatic race. Listen to this episode if you need direction or want to listen to our newest race.
So, feeling challenged to come up with something interesting we did some extensive research and had a blast creating an open ocean race. To be honest, I would never have this race at the center of a story or game. However, a race like this could really add some great finishing detail to a world.
Podcast Show Flow
- Why they are not just a terrestrial being underwater
- Designed to move through water, eat, sleep, reproduce in water, slimy and soft skin
- Do they every touch land?
- Where does the critter live?
- Deep sea
- Vertebrae or Invertebrate
- Amphibian and stage aquatics are out
- What does it look like?
- What type a creature is it? Mammal … fish… worm… other?
- How do they communicate
- How does social memory happen?
The Worldbuilding Task for the Day
Create an aquatic race
The Real-world Task for the Day
Research some real underwater critters BBC Blue Planet
Use Gardul.com/Amazon when shopping online to help support the show
Images for episode 215
Please take a moment and comment below on this episode. I look forward to hearing from you about your Fantasy Worldbuilding adventures