Today's Topic – How do technology and cultural ideas spread?
I was asked a great question about how technology spread by Lee. And to be honest this leads to the great question of how do ideas spread. Join Michael and I as we talk in depth about the way the process works in real life and how can we use this when creating fantasy worlds.
Podcast Show Flow
- Inspired by my learns from Edwin Barnhart, Ph.D. and Professor Amanda H. Podany, Ph.D
- Things to consider
- How much influence does Magic play on Travel and Communication
- Do you have a mix of Agrian, nomadic, or pastoral
- How secretive are they with the idea
- How hard is it to duplicate
- Are there people in the middle that will cause problems
- Who has contact?
- Who has the time to come up with new idea's and why food matters
- Where do people move
- Rivers, currents, mountain passes
- Before Localized cultures
- After localized cultures
- After the bronze age
Simple solution: Map the access
The Worldbuilding Task for the Day
Map out your lines of communication
The Real World task for the day
Check out Great Courses… really
Use Gardul.com/Amazon when shopping online to help support the show
Please take a moment and comment below on this episode. I look forward to hearing from you about your Fantasy Worldbuilding adventures