Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Today's Topic Worldbuilder has lost its meaning.
Maybe I should stop looking through worldbuilding sites online. I see so many people get stuck on worldbuilding. More to the point, I see people who call themselves worldbuilders get stuck on what it means to make your world realistic.
I personally have had it. I cannot consider myself a worldbuilder any more. I create fictional fantasy settings. Join a shocked Michael as the talks to Jeff giving up on the worldbuilder moniker.
Please Subscribe, Rate and Review us on iTunes
Podcast Show flow – Stop Worldbuilding
- Yes I will still use worldbuilding skills
- Stop worldbuilding and creating is another tool
- What has a worldbuilder become to mean?
- The nameless force behind a “realistic” realm with magic and/or spaceships that travel faster than the speed of light.
- The problem
- Ph.D. in geography, geology, astrophysics, physics, chemistry, evolution, geography, and linguistic
- What we should be doing?
- Creating a fictional setting
- With a purpose
- Focused on immersion, not raw facts
- Brainstorm a better name than world builder
- Fictional-setting artisan
- Fantasy BSer
Look at your plans, do you have the skills to achieve everything
Real World Task
Join the Facebook undercroft group and tell me what I should call myself!
Use Gardul.com/Amazon when shopping online to help support the show
Please take a moment and comment below on this episode. I look forward to hearing from you about your Fantasy Worldbuilding adventures
I am glad you brought this up. For a while now, my perfectionism has been poked by the harsh critiques of these other forums.