Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Finding the basic building blocks of stories
Please Subscribe, Rate and Review us on iTunes
For complete Fantasy Worldbuilding, show notes go to Gardul.com
Podcast Show Flow
- Why is it important to know what a story really is?
- What a story is not?
- A structure
- Theme or meme
- A Goal
- Elements (Setting, Characters, Plot, Conflict, Theme, Point-of-view, Tone, Style)
- This list can go on forever.
- A story is an explanation of an event (Conflict) that is exchanged between people.
- You need to explain important points before and give the resolution to help the other people satisfaction that the story is complete
- Jeff’s 6 Steps to a complete story
- Before the Story (BS)
- The Incident
- The Strike
- The Fallout
- The Run
- After The Story (AS)
- If you want a longer story repeat steps 3 and 4
- Character arcs should be this structure inside if your story
- Subplots should follow steps 2-5
Write a basic story
Look at your world and create a story to host your setting
Use Gardul.com/Amazon when shopping online to help support the show
Fundamentals of Story Structure
8 Elements of a Story Explained
The Five Essential Elements Of A Story
Parts of a Story: The 11 Essential Story Elements You Need to Get Right
Please take a moment and comment below on this episode. I look forward to hearing from you about your Fantasy Worldbuilding adventures
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.