Interview: Philip E. Carroll
From World building in his youth with his twin brother, Philip's course has been set. Now a husband, father, grandfather, podcaster, and author; Phillip dedicates himself to building better fantasy and science fiction worlds. He as dedicated himself to transition to this full time. Let's give worldbuilders Welcome to Philip E. Carroll. Go Army!
- Do you feel Orc or Elf today?
- Tell us about your latest work.
- How do you connect your worldbuilding back to The Story?
- When did you know you had a love for worldbuilding?
- Biggest achievement to date?
- What real world advice do you wish you had known sooner?
- Tell a quick STORY about some task that could have gotten you started sooner as a writer
- What held you back from sharing your world(s)?
- Favorite types of fantasy worlds: alien, earthlike, or earth-based?
- What is your favorite time period for fantasy settings?
- What is the most important habit or skill in creating a world?
- What tool(s) could you not work without?
- What is one resource you would offer to a Worldbuilder starting down your path?
- If you ended up in the (a) world you created. What would be the first thing you would do? (Please keep it as clean as possible.)
Learn more about the worldbuilder
Storytelling from a framework-based world
Please take a moment and comment below on this episode. I look forward to hearing from you about your Fantasy Worldbuilding adventures
Listen to Worldbuilder's Anvil in iTunes or use Podcast Republic for your android device.